If You are in JAPAN
Alarm and warning
- Japan Meteorological Agency Tsunami Warnings/Advisories
- Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- Prime Minister of Japan and His Cabinet (Japanese language)
Disaster message boards
- NTT Docomo disaster message board
- KDDI/au disaster message board
- SoftBank disaster message board
- EMOBILE disaster message board
- WILLCOM disaster message board
- Shelter locations (Japanese language)
- Emergency water and food distribution centers (user generated)
- Emergency water and food distribution centers via My Maps (user generated)
Blackout information (Japanese language)
About the planned blackouts on March 15th
If you have trouble connecting to Tokyo Electric’s homepage, download the PDF files below (copied from TEPCO at 4:00 AM March 15th. this may not be the latest version).
The blackout time for each chart number (group) is as follows. (as of 4:00 AM March 15th)
- Group 3: 6:20 – 10:00
- Group 4: 9:20 – 13:00
- Group 5: 12:20 – 16:00
- Group 1: 15:20 – 19:00
- Group 2: 18:20 – 22:00
* The blackout time for each group may start and end slightly ahead of or behind schedule.
* Depending on the demands for today, previously unannounced blackouts may be enacted.
* Also, depending on the state of our facilities today, blackouts may be enacted for different times for the announced groups.
U.S. State Dept. & Embassy Resources
U.S. citizens seeking information can go to the U.S. Department of State Travel site or call 1-888-407-4747 (toll free) or 1-202-501-4444. For U.S citizens in Japan seeking up to date information, go to the U.S. Embassy in Japan site.
- Trains, buses (Japanese language)
- Flight status